Job Title: Key Worker (Apprenticeship)
Responsible to: Room Leader
Apprenticeship courses available: Childcare L-3
Mini Vip’s is a full time nursery setting, based in Winchcombe, whom offer care to children aged 0 to 5 years. We also offer a breakfast, after school and holiday club to the children
- On-the-job training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance
Job duties and responsibilities:
- To work with children of all ages, from babies to after school club
- To work within the room to ensure children’s care and learning needs are met at all times under the guidance of the room leader/room manager
- Helping to plan, provide and take part in a programme of varied play activities to stimulate and support children’s intellectual, physical, social, language, emotional and play development.
- Supervise play activities both indoors and outdoors, ensuring they are safe, fun, creative and stimulating.
- Develop excellent communications with parents/guardians encouraging them to participate in their child’s progress & development
- Develop excellent communications with all children and members of the team
- To work under the guidance of an assigned staff member
- In conjunction with a supervisor/ mentor to observe each child’s progress & report on achievements, looking for progression & continuity. Participate in a ‘key worker’ system, & take a special interest in a specified number of children
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Need to have some understanding or awareness about childcare and willing to learn new skills.
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Good personality
- Good sense of humour
- Good team work
- Introduce new ideas for games and activities for children to play.
- Listen and play with the children.
- Help to plan each day’s activities including setting up and packing away any equipment.
- Assist in the evacuation of the premises in case of fire.
- Assist in the provision of refreshments where necessary.
- To maintain good hygiene standards and to ensure that the premises and the equipment is kept clean and tidy.
- To attend relevant staff meetings and training events as appropriate.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, staff and Club activities, in line with the companies confidentiality policy.
- To work as part of a team
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities as directed by the Supervisor
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the children (by checking the equipment and supervising the children at all the time)
- To be a positive role model to the children
- To ensure that parents / carers are made to feel welcome when coming to collect their children from the club
- To work within Mini Vip’s policies